Saturday, October 10, 2009

And So It Begins

Abby has started throwing fits. Throwing her head back, high pitched screaming, tears...even the occasional lip quiver. The other day we were in the grocery store and she was playing with a package of cheese until I realized she had chewed a hole in it and took it away from her. Instant tears, screeching, head thrown back. Then someone walked by us. Abby stopped immediately to wave. Once the person was gone she started crying again. I'm pretty sure I heard the lady laughing.

I was getting ready for work and Abby was getting into something she wasn't supposed to be. I said "Abby, come here," and motioned for her to crawl to me. She just looked at me and shook her head ''no!" Excellent. She can't even talk and she's already saying no. It was so unexpected, and cute, that I just cracked up laughing. That's all she needs. Positive reinforcement of telling her parents no.

Drama queen and telling us no before she's even one. She's definitely going to give us a run for our money.

No comments: