Thursday, August 25, 2011

Abby

Abby is extremely confident and outgoing.  She loves to talk and will talk to anyone for a long time.   It only makes sense half the time, but she says it very matter-of-factly.   She always says what's on her mind.  We were grocery shopping and Abby points to something and says "She's mean!"  I thought  she was talking about some decorations and made the mistake of asking her to show me what she was talking about.  She pointed to a women about 20 feet away from us and loudly repeated..."She's mean!"  In her defense the women did look a little upset...but embarrassing none the less. 

Abby is a sweetheart.  She's grateful and always good about spontaneously saying "thank you" for things we do for her....so sweet.  I told her that I was glad I was her Mama and she replied, "I'm glad I'm your Abby!"

She has a great imagination.  While swimming at my friend Shelly's house, Abby was dumping water out of the pool.   She told us she was watering the seeds she had planted.  When we asked her what kind of seeds, she told us "popsicle seeds."  It will be a great day when popsicles grow on bushes.

She is also very dramatic.  When she doesn't get her way, her shoulders sag, she puts her chin onto her chest and she mopes around.  Abby asked to eat some fishies recently, because "my tummy is going to bleed."
Don't you love our back-splash in our tub!  Very 1970's.
Abby is way too smart sometimes.  Before saying her prayers I ask her what she's thankful for to help her get into the habit of thinking before she prays.  After telling me all the things she was thankful for she gave this prayer - Dear Heavenly Father,  Thank you for this wonderful day.  Thank you for all those things.  Name Jesus Christ, Amen.

She has a great sense of humor and always makes us laugh.  She was pooping in her room and had closed the door so she could have some privacy.  I opened the door and it STANK!  I said, "It smells like roses in here."  Abby replied, "Yea, roses."  She waited a second then said, "No...poop!"

No comments: