Sunday, August 26, 2012
Update
I got the job at the alternative high school I applied for. I'm really excited. It is such a blessing and is really the perfect job for me right now. The hours are great (evenings) so Abby (and eventually the baby) will only be in daycare for a few hours in the afternoon. She is really looking forward to going to daycare and I think it will be a great experience for her. Mike or my Mom or sister will pick them up and do supper and bedtime. I'm the only science teacher so I get to pick the classes I teach, when I teach them and I don't have to coordinate with other teachers, which is going to make my job a lot easier. The students are a little older and this is a second chance for them so they recognize the importance of a high school diploma and want to be there. Many of the students have children of their own or work during the day to help support their families so they are a little more mature than your average high school student. There is a waiting list to get into the school so they don't tolerate behavior problems. I think I'm going to have a difficult time going back to teaching at a regular high school. I started Friday and the students start this Thursday. I'm actually looking forward to it . It feels good knowing that I can provide for myself and my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! It sounds like a great job :) Tim and I are for sure going to be in Mass for Christmas and we'd love to get together sometimes if you're not too busy! We'll be in touch :)
Post a Comment