Monday, December 10, 2012

Luke's Birthday

Luke Jacob Leonardo Goguen (he's half Portuguese so he has to have a super long name) was born on Monday, October 29th at 3:04 am.  He weighted 9lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long.  (They measured him at the hospital as being 22.5 inches, but was only 21 the next two visits to the doctor so someone messed up at the hospital.)

All in all the labor went well.  It was much better than Abby's, which was 50 hours because I had prodromal labor.  I woke up Sunday morning around 3 am with contractions every 20 to 30 minutes.  I went to church and then hung out at home and watched the Pats game with my family.  Rebeca and I got to the hospital at midnight and Kati was there at 12:30.  I was 7 cm when they checked me so I was admitted and he was born at 3:04.  (I just reread this and it sounds so easy...I assure you it was not ;-) They talked me into not having an epidural...I was obviously not thinking clearly.  I had an IV put in just in case but by the time I wanted one at 2 am it was too late.  I definitely did recover faster than I did after having Abby with an epidural, but if I had to do it again I would get the drugs.  That last hour was awful...I don't know what I was thinking.

I'm so glad that Rebeca and Kati were there for Luke's birth.  They were so supportive and it meant so much to me that they were a part of such a special day.  I'm pretty sure Rebeca is scarred for life and won't ever have children.


No comments: