Sunday, March 3, 2013

Abby


Abby loves art and spends lots of time drawing pictures. Her creativity amazes me. Here are some of my favorite drawings.

Part of a larger picture.  I forget who the first two people are, but the creature in the middle is a "Beka monster" (sorry Rebeca) with "terrible teeth and great big claws."  All the way on the right is Luke with a guitar.
She went through a phase when she like drawing carrots so this is a carrot in the ground and Abby.
Another carrot with  some "writing."
A self portrait of Abby wearing fairy wings!
The sun, clouds with rain & lightning coming out of them.  The people from left to right...Luke, sad Abby, happy Abby and Abby in her room looking out the window.
She loves writing words.  She asks how they're spelled then writes them down.
She's still keeping me on my toes.  I was telling her where something was and she told me "Don't worry Mom.  I know everything!"  She reminds me of this daily.

While she may not know everything she is too smart for her own good.  She figured out there is no Santa this year and I couldn't lie to her and tell her otherwise.  I did tell her that she wasn't supposed to tell other kids and to tell them to ask their parents.  Recently when Rebeca picked Abby & Luke up from day care Linda asked Rebeca to have me talk to Abby about telling other kids Santa's not real.   She had a seven year old practically in tears because she told him there's no Santa...oh Abby.

Sometimes when we finally get in the car and are on our way somewhere I say "We're off to see the wizard" and Abby finishes "the lizard of Oz."

The other day Abby is lugging the yoga mat up the stairs to her room.  When I asked her what she was doing she told me "since you don't exercise anymore, can I have it?"  Definitely haven't worked out since Luke was born. 

She told me her shirt that says "big sister" should say "big, tall, strong sister."  You could probably add "all knowing" to that too.

No comments: