Sunday, July 27, 2014

So Far This Summer

I'm teaching summer school so this summer isn't quite what I'm used to.  I had two weeks off between the regular school year and the start of summer school and will have three more before the we go back at the end of August.  I've tried to still have lots of summer fun even though I'm working and definitely packed a lot into those two weeks before summer school began.  The kids have been great...they like playing with their friends at day care and even get to go swimming some times.  Here's a little of what we've been up to.

BOSTON CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
Tim, Kate and their three girls were in Massachusetts for a family reunion.  We were able to meet up with them at the children's museum in Boston.  We took the T in, which Abby  loves to do.  I thought Luke would love it too because of his obsession with trains.  He wasn't a big fan.  I think it was too loud and I don't think he quite realized we were on a train.  Whenever we saw another train on the opposite track he got very excited...then went back to being terrified.
 



This was on the wall in the bathroom...it was my favorite thing in the museum (that's the biologist in me.)
 "MAKED-OVERED" ABBY'S ROOM
That's a direct quote from her.  

We made a couple IKEA trips to buy things for her room.
Luke was not thrilled to the idea of shopping.

Abby LOVES shopping.  She was inspecting everything and writing down what she wanted on her list.

I'm not sure getting under the sheets was what the people at IKEA had in mind...

Very happy now that Avo` bought him this little cart.
Helping to put Abby's new cubbys together.
 
 
 
 
And of course Luke got Abby's old stuff.





GOING TO THE BEACH

EATING YUMMY TREATS
 

 DRESSING UP
Yes...that's a Cinderella crown on his head and "glass slippers" on his feet.  I love that he always puts the crown on backwards like that.
DRAWING PICTURES
She drew this in Primary at church of things she loves.  The purple people are Abby and Luke.  The pink person was me, but then she quickly changed her mind and said it's her (imaginary) older sister.
A robot she drew on Eli's birthday card.  It even has robot hair on top that got cut off.

Twilight Sparkle (one of the My Little Ponies) as you can see from her writing at the top.  This is Twilight before she gets wings.

Twilight with wings.
READING

 BUILDING TOWERS
 

WE EVEN SAW A RAINBOW
 

No comments: