On the last day of school, someone who shall not be named, was taking a bath and water leaked into the kitchen. It was a perfect storm of too much water and problems draining. I panicked big time! The light fixture in my kitchen was full of water and dripping onto the floor. There were also leaks along the beams in the kitchen ceiling. My neighbors came and helped until John was able to come and fix the pipes. This is after John had taken out the fixture to dry. A big thank you to John!
We had a great 4th of July! Abby did a little decorating...
The kids had fun dressing up in their 4th of July gear.
We went to the parade in town. Despite Luke looking miserable, he enjoyed it. This paradae has more firetrucks than I have ever seen anywhere else in my entire life and while being super cool (especially for a 3.5 year old boy) it is also super loud. He refuses to wear ear plugs or sound cancelling headphones so just covers his ears with his hands and looks miserable.
We ended the day with fireworks at Grandma and Pepere's lake and were able to enjoy this absolutely incredible sunset while we waited.
We got lots of ice cream! Kimball's has this fun tractor the kids liked to play on.
We hung out with Anna and John.
And found this old picture of John and Luke :)
The kids both took swimming lessons. This year they had the parents of the preschool class get in the water with them, which I wasn't a fan of but was actually great for Luke because he probably wouldn't have gone in the water without me. Because I was in the water, I didn't get any pictures of either of them. Another parent send these pictures of Abby.
Abby's best friend has leukemia. He is such a tough kid and as of August 2016 will be in remission. One of the players on the revolution has a charity to help kids with cancer and they got tickets to a Revs game through this organization. Abby was invited and it was an amazing experience for all of them. They got special box seats, to run on the field at Gillette stadium, meet the player and got to take home a bunch of swag.
Here are a couple little write ups from the local paper.
This is a link to a video the Revs made that has pictures of the kids when Rowe received a reward for his work helping kids with cancer.
The summer is pretty much the only time of year I have to work on projects. I made some hooded towels as a baby shower gift for my sister-in-law. And had a very handsome young man model one.
I made stockings as a wedding gift for Anna and John.
I repainted my Mom's living room (and forgot to take a before picture.)
I made the kids these little car pillows for our road trip down to visit Beka.
We went to the sprinkler park.
Abby made a little shop
They had fun with snapchat
Used the tye-dye kit my cousin gave them
Went to the park
Luke discovered scissors and how much fun cutting paper is
Luke watched Toy Story for the first time and is a big fan!
At the end of the summer we drove down to visit Beka and Mathew in Maryland. I'm not the best at remembering to take pictures when we're out doing things, but I got some.
We went to the National Zoo. It was hot and humid but the highlight for the kids was seeing the pandas and Abby insisted I take some pictures.
We also visited the LDS Washing DC Temple Visitor's Center, saw the Naval Academy and spend some time in downtown Annapolis. We also spent a day at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
Beka and Mathew took Abby and Luke to a ceramics shop where they were able to pick and paint their own piece.
On the way home we spend the night in Philadelphia and met up with my Mom and Mathew's parents so we could tour the new LDS Philadelphia temple during it's open house. It was beautiful and I especially loved the many colonial features it had. It is a special place and I'm glad we were able to visit it.
It was a great summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment