Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trip to PA...some details

Some highlights from our trip to the Poconos...
Apparently all of the Goguen grandchildren have good grumpy faces. Abby is no exception. She makes this face a lot when she is in a new situation while she takes everything in. That's probably what was going on but I like to think she was frustrated at we had to wait a half hour to go swimming in the indoor pool because there was thunder - I still don't get it.
Abby took a bath with Jonah and Issac after we went swimming. When I put her in the tub Jonah grabbed himself and proudly showed Abby telling her "I have a peeni." Jenn and I were laughing so hard. I still laugh every time I think about it.

It was challenging putting Abby, Issac and Jonah to sleep in one room. Abby was first to go down and Issac was next. Jenn put him to bed and 10 minutes later we hear Abby crying and feet running away. Issac just couldn't resit playing with Abby, even if he had to wake her up. As I was calming Abby down and putting her to sleep, I was trying not to laugh at Jenn and Issac's conversation.

Jenn: Did you wake Abby up?

Issac: Ah hugh.

Jenn: Did you poke her?

Issac: Ah hugh.

Jenn then went on to explain why Issac can't wake up Abby and play with her after she's asleep.

We also went to a cute little reptile and petting zoo. I was surprised at the animals they had. You could buy fruit to feed the monkeys and bottles to feed the baby pigs and goats. The boys really loved feeding the animals. I loved seeing the cool reptiles they had. (Like a 150 lb. snapping turtle, python, side-necked turtles, a sloth, ring-tailed lemurs and many more.) Abby loves animals and enjoyed watching the monkeys. She had a hard time seeing all the exhibits from her stroller but there was a window that went down to the floor in front of some monkeys. She was so happy watching the monkeys.

No comments: