Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back To School

I started work last week and the kids came back to school yesterday. It was the hardest back to school I've ever had. It's always difficult to say goodbye to the summer and start working, but it was so difficult to leave Abby. I have loved staying home with her and just being her mom for the summer. I'm actually surprised how much I love it. Before she was born I thought I would be okay working and having kids, but I would much rather stay home. I do enjoy my job and that helps. I'm a little overwhelmed at work too. I'm teaching 3 new classes this year (physical science, anatomy & physiology, and advanced bio) which I'm really excited about. Advanced bio is new honors elective, that I'm creating myself. I'm excited to teach all the fun stuff we have to leave out because of MCAS. I was beginning to get tired of just teaching bio but I forgot how much work it is to teach new classes.

I know that I need to be working right now to help my family and get Mike through school. Abby is in good hands (Mike's Mom & a great women from church) and aside from her schedule being thrown off, is having a blast. When I pick her up she looks at me, smiles, then continues playing. I prefer this to her screaming when I leave though. This will be a challenging year but it will be rewarding as well. It will bring a lot of changes for next year as Mike applies to law school and we decide where to be for the next stage of our lives.

No comments: