Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Abby

We haven't been able to do many exciting things the past few weeks.  The Timothys have been busy with the end of the semester and getting ready for their trip to Utah and Idaho and it's been raining like crazy.  I had all these fun trips planed for Abby and me while they were gone but they're all outdoors so we've just been hanging out.  Hopefully the sun will come out next week and we can have some fun.

Here are some cute things Abby's been doing lately.

Abby said her first prayer by herself since we've been here.  She said, "Heavnly Father.  Thank you Ben. Thank you Sam. Thank you Kandi. Thank you Boyd.  Thank you Daddy. Jesus Christ. Amen."

She likes to be naked and it's warm enough here that the only time she wears clothes is when we leave the house.  One day when I got her dressed she wanted a bow in her hair.  When she was all dressed and her hair done, she ran into the living room and said, "My pretty!  My pretty Ben!"
Abby got into my make-up when she was supposed to be napping.  Luckily I caught her before she did too much damage.  When I tried to explain she shouldn't play with Mama's makeup, she told me "Abby be kitty for Halloween."

Abby has scrapes on both her knees.  She looks at them and says, "My owies.  My pretty owies."  Then she kisses her knees.
Abby loves Sam and Ben and most of the time they get along wonderfully, but she's two and sometimes hits them.  At the end of her time out, I'll have her say "no hitting" or whatever it was she is in timeout for.  She was in time out for hitting and right after we got into our room she looks at me and says "No hitting. No hitting" then tried to go play.  I told her I was glad she knew hitting was wrong but that she still needed to stay in timeout for two minutes.  She started crying and saying "No Mama."  I ignored her so she started saying "No Seera."  (She calls me Sara a lot since we've been here and that's what the other kids call me.)  It was so hard not to laugh.

Since the Timothy's have left I have Abby play with toys in our room while I shower so she doesn't destroy the house.  I told her to put some toys and books in a box to take into our room while I showered.  A few minutes later she walks by me towards our room carrying a pretty big box and tells me "I all packed up Mom."

Abby loves to hide, but is still the worst hider ever.  She answers my questions as I look for her and says "No." while laughing when I ask if she's places I know she's not.  This is her favorite place to hide.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE two-year-old hide and seek!!