Monday, October 24, 2011

Good-bye Friends!

One of the reasons I was looking forward to moving to Springfield was because I was going to live closer to my friend Kati then I ever had.  Kati and I (and Bridget and Jen) were best friends growing up, but we lived 45 minutes apart.  After high school we all moved different places and haven't been as close. I have loved living only 20 minutes away from each other and being in the same ward (a congregation in our church).  It's been awesome to be able to see each other regularly.
Jen, Sara, Bridget and Kati
2005




Kati has a little boy, Ben, who is four months younger than Abby.  Over the past year, they have become best friends.  It is so fun to watch them play together and see how much they care about each other.  Abby is constantly talking about Ben and says he is her best friend.  One day when we picked them up from their nursery class at church they informed us that Abby was the princess and Ben is the prince and they would dance together.
 I'm pretty sure I'm cursed.  All my good friends move away....far away (Pennsylvania, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii, etc.)  When I mentioned this to one of Kati's brothers (I can't remember which one) he told me that maybe I was the problem and I should move...an excellent point.  Well, last month Kati and her family moved to New Mexico.  I'm really excited for them and the wonderful opportunities this will bring them, but I miss them to death and so does Abby.
Abby keeps asking when Ben will come back from vacation.  She "talks" to him on the phone all the time.  Kati says that Ben still saves his snack for Abby.  It's heart breaking that they don't really understand how far away they are now.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Now you have more reasons to come to New Mexico :) Sweet! Miss you sooo much! I'm calling you and Abby soon. <3