Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Joy School

Abby started Joy School in September.  It's a co-op preschool where the Moms take turns teaching the lessons.  Mike and I both did Joy School when we were little.  We thought we didn't remember much about Joy School, but the longer we do it, the more we remember (especially the songs).  I don't think it's changed much in the 27 years since we did it.  It's 2 1/2 hrs twice a week.  There are four families and six kids (3 girls & 3 boys).  It's a great group and I'm so glad we're doing Joy School.
Abby, Sam & Jeffery making gingerbread people
Lisa, Hayley & Abby eating the gingerbread people
  Abby loves "going to school" (even though it's at someone's house).  We usually drop Mike off at school on the way to Joy School.  Abby is always excited about going to school and told Mike as we dropped him off one day, "Daddy, you're going to have so much fun at school!  You'll go outside and play and sing songs and play with your friends."  I've never been...but I'm betting law school isn't as fun as Joy School and you don't get to do any of those things.
Hi Thomas!
 Abby is trying all sorts of new things at Joy School.  The first unit was about the body.  One class they were learning how their bodies can do lots of different things. We were talking about what she did in the car on the way home and she told me that she used her hands and feet to paint.  Then she said, "That school doesn't have paintbrushes!" (It was the first time she ever finger painted.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Joy School at Mike's house...My talent was making egg sandwiches.

Diana said...

Hahaha I Love it! I love Joy School too and I can probably sing all the songs still. So happy Abby is doing it too! Thanks for posting so many cutie pics!