Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Abby

Abby is dramatic as ever.  We trying to get ready for Joy School one morning and she was throwing a fit about something.  I put her in her room to calm down.  Mike goes in to talk to her after a little while.  She tells him she is upset because, "I want to go to Joy School and Mommy locked me in my room!"

Abby is very sweet and tells us that "You're the best Dad/Mom ever."  Recently after telling us this, she thought for a moment then added, "I'm the best daughter ever."
Our compromise to wearing her bathing suit now that it's cold.
 She's too smart for her own good...we're in trouble when she's a teenager.  We were at my Mom's and Abby was playing with an old cell phone.  When it was time to leave she asked my Mom if she could take it home.  My Mom told her to ask me.  I responded, "Abby, how many phones do you have at home?"  Instead of answering me, she looks at my Mom and tells her, "She said no."

Abby LOVES to sing.  She was talking to my sister Rebeca on the phone.  Beka asked Abby when she was going trick-or-treating.  Abby answered by singing, "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday."  
Abby and Tia Beka
The cool braids Tia Beka put in her hair!
 She loves money!  I took my rings off before I worked out and put them in a ceramic dish on my dresser.  Abby came running from her room and asks, "Can I have your money?"

I was planning on running errands one morning while Mike got ready for school.  Abby asked Mike if she could stay home with him.  When he didn't answer right away she said, "think about it."

Abby is starting to realize that the same word means different things, but doesn't really get it.  I told Abby to kneel when she was saying her prayers one night.  She told Mike, "You have a friend named Neal."
Coloring in the lines!



 She is always keeping us on our toes and makes us laugh.  After Mike vacuumed her room she said, "My room has a whole new life."  (I swear we vacuum regularly.)

We rent out apartment from my Uncle (Tio Jose - ps in Portuguese you pronounce the "j.")  He is meticulous about the yard.  Abby got excited when she saw a dandelion in the yard at a friends house.  She thought it was amazing that such beautiful flowers just grew in people's yards.  I told her it wasn't that big of a deal, that dandelions grew in everyone's yard.  She very seriously told me that they didn't grow in ours...she's right.  Thank you Tio Jose!

No comments: