Abby has been asking to get her hair cut since March and I finally took her on Friday. It's never been cut and it's taken a while (aside from the craziness) because every time we talked about it she said she wanted it cut like Dora! I figured I just wouldn't bring it up and she'd forget about her Dora hair....wrong! She had her heart set on Dora. I don't like that straight across hair cut on little girls and bangs are such a pain to keep up with and lets face it, who wants their little girl to look like Dora? When I asked what she meant by a Dora hair cut she showed me she wanted it above her shoulders, which I was alright with. She wanted bangs too, but I talked her out of them.
While I was telling her about what it's like to get your hair cut she didn't understand why they threw the hair away. I asked her what else they would do with it and she told me they could tape it to someone else's head. I talked to her about donating her hair but wasn't sure if it would be long enough. When I told her they make wigs for people who are sick and don't have any hair she replied, "Like Avo?" Avo is my Dad and he is balding (but healthy). We were able to donate it and I'm so glad it was her idea. I think it was a good experience for her and we both LOVE her hair cut! When she looked in the mirror after she told me "Now I'm a whole new Abby!"
BEFORE:
| You know you need a hair cut when you wash your hair and it gets stuck in your butt crack! |
1 comment:
She is so cute! Good call on the bangs, I just cut some longer bangs & they are driving me crazy.
Post a Comment