Abby is growing up so quickly. I look at her and can't believe she is such a big girl now. She's doing really well with all the tough changes in her life lately...her resilience has always amazed me. Day care has been really good for her. She needed that socialization. She tells me all the time that she knows everything. I took her to a sibling prep class the hospital offered to help get her ready for Luke. We were talking about it before we went that she was going to learn about her new baby brother and how she can help me take care of him. She told me she didn't need to go because she already knew everything about babies. Abby has loved building things with blocks and legos lately. I was telling her what a great tower or city she had made with the blocks and she told me it's because she's an expert. She now tells me regularly that she's an expert at different things.
 |
| our family |
Abby has an obsession with squirrels. She loves to scream and chase them. We were driving in downtown Amherst and were stuck in traffic. We were next to Amherst college so there were people walking everywhere in addition to all the cars. She sees a squirrel so she rolls down her window and starts yelling at it as loud as she can, "Squirrel! Hey Squirrel! Come here squirrel!" until we drove away. Rebeca and I couldn't stop laughing.
Abby came up to me one day out of the blue and told me she wanted to give the toys she doesn't play with any more away to her friends. I thought this was the sweetest thing ever. Before I could tell her this she said "Then you can buy me new toys!" Of course. She's usually really sweet without thinking of herself. She told me she was going to get me a grown up book for Christmas because I like to read.
She was super excited about her birthday. She woke up really early on her birthday and told me "I didn't want to be late for my birthday."
When she was little I used to sing "Yo, yo, yo. Abby G, Abby G. Yo, yo, yo Abby G" to her all the time. I was singing it to her the other day randomly and she sang back "Yo, yo, yo Mama G...."
Abby loves to dance. She like to dance during the hymns at church. The children do an entire service once a year and this was Abby's first year being a part of it. She did her dances during almost all of the songs.
Now that Abby is 4 she tells me she's not scared of anything. I'm trying to teach her that it's ok to be afraid and being brave is something even when it's scary. One night when she told me she wasn't afraid of anything, I told her that I'm afraid of things. I was expecting her to say she's afraid of things too, but instead she rubs my arm and says "that's ok."
I was telling her my birthday was coming soon and joking that I was going to be five. She laughed and said "No! You're old!"
Abby still can't wait to drive. We had been talking in the car about how you need to be 16 to drive and she asked me to teach her to drive when she's 16. Right when we got home Sammy needed to move one of the cars in the driveway and took Abby with him. He let her sit on his lap and help drive the car around the block. She came back so excited and told me "Now you don't have to teach me how to drive. I already know how."
 |
| She was trying on my sister's boots |
She cracks me up (something she tells Luke all the time now). The other
day she farted and I said "Excuse you!" Her reply..."Thank You!"
 |
| a restaurant |
No comments:
Post a Comment