Luke is getting so big. He's starting to talk up a storm...well, he's always been a talker but we're finally able to understand what he's saying. He counts things by pointing and either saying "2, 9, 2, 9, 2" or "3, 9, 3, 9." We were walking into the house on a cloudy day. Luke pointed to the sky and said, "Dirty sky." He calls horses "neigh-neighs." My favorite is that he calls Lightning McQueen "Ca-chow." He likes to blow his nose. I've had to move all the tissues because he'll grab tissue after tissue and chuckle as he pretends to blow his nose.
He's called Beka "Caca" for a long time. She tries really hard to get him to say "Beka." She'll tell him to say "Ba, ba, ba, beka." Lately, when we try to get him to say "Beka," all on his own he'll say "Ba, ba, ba, caca." She tried getting him to say "Rebeca." He said, "Re-caca." A few times when she's tried to get him to say "Beka" he has told her, very adamantly "No! Caca!" He calls himself "Lou."
Luke is Abby's biggest fan. She say "Luke, look at (or watch) this." Like a good little brother his response is always "WOW!" He says it with such astonishment. He copies everything she does. (Abby is becoming less and less patient.) When Abby says the prayer, he mumbles under his breath while his head is down. While Abby is doing her ninja moves and trying to sneak around the house, Luke is sneaking right behind her. He's really slow and sometimes will just cover his eyes to hide. They are both horrible, but super cute, ninjas.
They play really well most of the time but are starting to fight more and more as Luke gets older and isn't willing to do everything Abby wants him to. They like to play a game where they pretend I'm a baby and talk to me in their baby voices. Luke's baby voice is super highpitched, squeaky and adorable.
Luke recently realized he can lick an ice cream cone.
Rich & Kris took Abby & Luke to visit their friends (the Mayers) and see their animals.
| I think he's afraid the chickens are going to take the trike. |
Luke LOVES to sing and is pretty good. The videos I have are too big. I'll try to get some others.
He is a sweetheart. He loves to snuggle and is constantly giving spontaneous hugs. And they are the best hugs. He squeezes you tight and will even pat your back. Sometimes when I sing to him before bed he'll sing along with me. I'll put his name into songs and a few times when I sang "Luke" he sangs "Mama." One day Rich and Kris were speaking at church and Luke got so excited. He kept pointing and waving and saying "Pepere! Pepere!" or "Gan-ma! Gan-ma!" "Love you!"
Luke's newest thing is having me kiss every little owie. I'll kiss whatever body part is "hurt," he'll say "thank you Mama" and run off happy as can be. My favorite...he fell off the little trampoline onto his butt. He came over to me upset and pointing to his butt...it's a good thing he's so cute.
| Actually on our way to the library right before he busted his lip and got stitches. Poor little man. |
No comments:
Post a Comment