Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ahhhh Boston You're My Home!




Yeah as Jenn stated in her blog, it has been crazy. It seemed that Fitchburg got it pretty bad but I wasn't sure if that was just my imagination but it's good to hear we made "Good Morning America". The pics are just random pics of the ice storm in general because we were too busy trying to get things together to get some ourselves. I wish we had. My street alone had 4 full trees across the road and the block next to us was the same. The road going in and out of our neighborhood was blocked off. There was a tree that fell across our driveway and and a smaller tree was drapped over the top of my car. At first glance it looked like a tree had fallen on it but thankfully there was no damage done. Sara helped me cut the tree down with my handy battery operated skill saw. I love Dewalt tools.

Due to the fact that we are in a condo we have well water which means that it is driven by an electric pump. Sara and I have been drinking crazy amounts of soda for the last 6 months because we knew if the power ever went out we'd be screwed with no water. So the soda was a blessing two fold...first we get the bottles to store water in so we had a stockpile of them and secondly I've gained a good 10 lbs of straight fat from the soda so I was nice and roasty when it got cold due to my blubber. Not to mention the tasty treat of liters of root beer...mmmm root beer.

We don't know what we would have done with out Sara's mom having power. Once we heard it was going to be days without power we started to pack up our stuff. I think she is just happy to be able to hang out with Abigail all the time. Abby is taking this all in stride and has been super good lately. We thought that she would have problems sleeping and such but quite the contrary has happened. She is feeding better which equates to better sleep which equates to a happier mommy and daddy.

We still have no power but I checked the house last night to see the progress of things. They have done a lot of work in the area and I am crossing my fingers that we will have power some time today. As much as I enjoy spending time at the in-laws (that's not sarcastic) I just really love my bed...mmmmm bed. Plus the drive back and forth to work is going to get old (over an hour). All in all we are extremly lucky that nothing fell on our house or cars and that we had a place to go. If I am still without power I can't imagine what people that had to go to shelters etc are still doing. It makes me appreciate the small things and recognize that there are some really good people out there. God bless them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like air-drumming for real, there's a movie about air-drummers...

"Adventures of Power"... www.adventuresofpower.com

The Facebook page is taking air-drum video submissions, you should do Midnight Oil.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-of-Power/24635998080

Diana Joy said...

love you guys and am praying you get power SOOON!!! this is too long to have things so crazy. cant wait to see you!