Monday, February 13, 2012

Abby

Beka was trying to get Abby to climb up her legs and then flip over.

          Beka: Climb!

          Abby: But I don't have any claws!

Abby & Charlotte playing at playgroup.

She's too smart sometimes.  We were at the grocery store and she was sitting in the shopping cart.  She tells me very matter of factly, "Mom, princesses walk."  I told her that she was riding in a special princess cart.  She said that it wasn't.  I pointed to the store's name printed on the handle and said "Yes it is. See, it says princess."  She points at the handle and says, "No! It says 'store.'"  Darn it!

One day I was tickling Abby and she didn't' want me to so she hit me.  I told her if she didn't want me to tickle her she needed to use her words and tell me that and not hit.  Her reply..."Can I please hit you?"

 
She still wears a diaper when she sleeps.  She's such a heavy sleeper that she just doesn't wake up.  I've gone into check on her and her diaper has leaked and she's been soaking wet and fast asleep.  Anyway....she had a little diaper rash and told me, "Mama. My bum hurts.  Can you please put some cream cheese on it?"

Mike is a Goguen so he's really good at making songs up and always sings Abby different songs he makes up or changes the words to songs to make them special for Abby at bedtime.  She asked me to "sing me a Daddy song I've never met."
Abby still love being naked or as close to it as she can be...but she loves her light-up, princess snow boots just as much.
 She calls a step stool a "step stoov."

She wanted to wear my head band and of course had to put it on herself.
Abby can be quite dramatic.  I was running to the store while Abby went down for a nap.  She asked for me and Mike told her I wasn't home.  She puts her head down and lets her shoulders sag as she says "Mama doesn't care about me."
Oreo face!
Elijah has joined the Navy and leaves for boot camp in March.  As we were driving over to my Mom's one day I mentioned that I hoped he would be there because he was going to leave soon to be a soldier.  She replied "I don't want to be a soldier. I want to be a princess."
Our good friends Jeannie and Eric have an adorable puppy named Jasmine.  I was hanging up their Christmas card, which had pictures of Jasmine on it and Abby told me, "This is a card my friend Jasmine sent me.  She made it just for me."
Abby is the sweetest little girl.  She was being fresh and I was upset and frustrated with her.  She came up to me and gave me a hug and started singing to me.  It was a song she made up (she does this a lot...hey she is a Goguen.)  They she told me that he songs make everyone happy...I think she's right.
She loves having "celebration parties."

Before Christmas she was super excited.  Or course it seems like forever when you are a kid and waiting for Christmas to come.  One day when we told her it was still going to be a while, she told us "I don't know about that."
Our family
Kris would ask Mike and his siblings what their happys and sads of the day were at bedtime.  Its something we've decided to do with our kids.  After we did this at dinner one night Abby said, "Dad, did you have any happys today?  Maybe....playing with me?"
Abby is a smart little girl and loves learning.  She asks tons of questions all the time but we have lots of Q&A sessions when we're driving in the car.  She'll spit out a topic and say "Can you tell me all about that?"  I love it!  I hope she doesn't loose that love of learning. 
She's learning her letters and starting to realize that letters come together to make words.  One night when we were brushing her teeth so pointed to the letters on the tube of tooth paste and said "C-R-E-S-T.  Toothpaste!"

No comments: