Friday, November 28, 2014

Halloween

I'm not usually big on dressing up for Halloween, but this year one of my friends at work at the great idea to dress like the students.  It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it.  I work in a great place with amazing people! (I take my chemistry class to the college in town once a week to do labs.  Funny enough this was the first time we were going to go and the PR person from the district was there to take pictures...I brought a change of clothes!)


 
I borrowed the earrings from one of my students and got an ice coffee cup.  Kim went all out...tattoo sleeves, do-rag and a pair of Nikes one of the students let her borrow.
Had to take a selfie!
Everyone says this student & I look alike.  She let me borrow the earnings...and wore leopard not knowing we were dressing up.
The kids thought I should dress like that everyday...ummm NO!
We dressed up Thursday because most of our students get work credit for working on Fridays and aren't in school.  At the end of the night Thursday we decided to dress up again on Friday.  I raided Abby's dress up stuff and was a fairy princess.














Abby wanted to be Penny Ling (a purple panda from littlest pet shop).  Of course no one sells Penny Ling costumes so I had to make one.  And by make one, I mean sewing some white fleece onto a purple hoodie.    Luke is into Thomas, Cars and basically anything with wheels.  All the car and train costumes were kind of lame so he was a regular panda.  They both have panda bears that they love to snuggle and play with and I figured if I was already making Abby's I might as well make one for Luke too.  That's about as good as my sewing skills get, but I pretty happy with how they came out.

.
SUPER EXCITED!!!
 

1 comment:

Kate Nally said...

Those panda costumes are awesome! And you totally rocked the leopard leggings :)